Coffee Creek Quilters is once again accepting donations of fabric and sewing supplies in support of the quilting instruction we provide to women at the Coffee Creek Correctional Facility. Donations are directed either to the classroom or to our annual sale, our yearly fundraiser that provides the quilting program with financial support for items we do not receive as donations. Donations in kind that cannot be used by the quilting program are donated to other local charitable organizations.
Here are our donation guidelines:
• 100% cotton quilting weight fabric (no poly blends, please)
• 100% cotton pre-cut fabric such as fat quarters, jelly rolls, layer cakes, etc.
• Quilt kits, panels, and patterns
• Quilting books less than ten years old
• Cotton or 80/20 cotton/polyester batting, minimum size 60 by 80 inches
• Rotary cutters, cutting mats, thread, scissors, pins, needles, and other quilting notions
• Portable sewing machines in good working condition
We are unable to accept the following items and kindly ask that you save them for an organization that can put them to good use:
• Fabrics (100% polyester, bedsheets, cotton knits, homespun, etc.)
• Quilting frames
• Sewing tables
• Quilting magazines
• Quilting books more than ten years old
Please do not drop donations off at the prison. For more information or to arrange for a pick-up or to drop-off of your fabric and/or supplies, please contact Coffee Creek Quilters at: