Due to special circumstances with COVID-19 and the pause in Coffee Creek Quilters instruction in the Coffee Creek Correctional Facility, we are pausing donations to the program for the summer months of July, August and September. We will resume donations after October 1, 2020. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your patience.
When we resume, here are our donation guidelines:
- 100% cotton quilting weight fabric (no poly blends, please)
- 100% cotton pre-cut fabric such as fat quarters, jelly rolls, layer cakes, etc.
- Quilt kits, panels, and patterns
- Quilting books less than ten years old
- Cotton or 80/20 cotton/polyester batting, minimum size 60 by 80 inches
- Rotary cutters; cutting mats; thread, scissors, pins, needles and other quilting notions
- Portable sewing machines in good working condition
We direct all donations either to the classroom or to our annual sale, which supports the program with funds for items we do not receive as donations.
Please do not drop materials off at the prison.
We are unable to accept the following items and kindly ask that you save them for an organization that can put them to good use:
- Non-cotton fabric
- Hand quilting frames
- Sewing tables
- Quilting magazines
- Quilting books more than ten years old